Underground FLX 2007 Kiteboards
For 2007 we have changed the core material on the FLX and firebird from foam to wood. Apart from being better for the environment, the end result is the boards ride smoother, have better pop and are the strongest boards we've ever built.
The shapes are similar to the 2006 models in that we still have the same double concave bottom shape and similar outlines.
For 2007 we have added a 2 new sizes to the FLX range and modified the widths on 2 others.
The first new addition is an FLX 138 x 41 and is deisgned as a slightly larger all round freestyle board.
The second new model is an FLX 148 x 46 designed for super light wind performance. This board has a flat bottom and a very straight rocker line. It's sole purpose is to get going in the light winds.
The FLX 142 has been increased in width from 40cm to 42cm.
The FLX 152 has been increased in width from 42cm to 44cm.
The complete range of 2007 FLX boards is now:
FLX 122 x 37cm
FLX 128 x 38cm
FLX 132 x 39cm
FLX 138 x 41cm
FLX 142 x 42cm
FLX 148 x 46cm
FLX 152 x 44cm
Performance advantages of the new board are;
-Smoother in chop, smoother ride overall
-less spray in the face
-Nicer for landing powered moves
-way better for waveriding and carving on flat water
-better edging, more control
• Our FLX construction combines an Asian hardwood core with a durable PBT top and base sheets, hand shaped ABS rails and stylish sublimated graphics.
• Tailored thickness flow and flex patterns give a comfortable ride without compromising our wide powerful outline curve that provides “pop” and upwind performance.
• Unidirectional Carbon reinforced laminates provide the optimal balance between strength, weight, flex and twist control.
• Rail shapes are hand finished with a thicker more tucked rail in the mid section of the board to help soften the ride through chop. Rails at the tips feature a thinner, harder edge to provide tracking stability and a solid edge hold through carves.
• FLX Boards are supplied standard with:
- Integrated stainless steel inserts
- Adjustable footstraps
- removable screw down contoured footpads
- EVA covered grab handle
- 50mm G10 fins
- Stainless steel hardware
The graphics have again been produced by Jacques Mulder who designed the graphics on the boards for last 2 season’s boards. Jacques lives in Dubai and came across to New Zealand to design this years boards and to go riding with us. The bases all have their own story and collectively form one larger scene. In full size on the base they are a work of art.
2007 Model Underground FLX Kiteboards